Just yesterday, our 2.5-year-old son, asked our daughter (who is 4.5 years old) what Valentine’s Day was. In earshot, we heard her response. “Oh, it is a day when there are lots of hearts all over the place,” she said, opening the door to a wonderful story about how her Mommy and Daddy got together.
They say Paris is the City of Love. But with both Derk and I living and working in
I was actually traveling on business that day, a mere couple of weeks after we had our first date. I received an anonymous text to my phone, in French, that said, “Where is my Valentine?” I wasn’t sure it was Derk – and it felt presumptuous to think it was – but I could not imagine it was anyone else. I took the leap and called him up. And the rest, as they say, is history.
Seven years and two children later, our story continues.
Collectively, Derk and I have worked at The
We don’t know life any other way, and honestly, cannot imagine it any other way. It is a seamless weave, and it certainly sheds a whole other dimension on our love for our Company and our brands when you can claim they also helped you find the love of your life!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Rebecca Messina is SVP of Marketing and Innovation, Venturing & Emerging Brands, and Derk Hendriksen is General Manager, EKOCENTER.
More on Journey
- Photos: smartwater® and Jennifer Aniston Keep Moving Forward in Spring Campaign
- Coca-Cola Consolidated Sends Message of Gratitude to U.S. Military
- Not Alone: How a Combat Vet and His Wife, a Coke Employee, Are Healing Through Hip-Hop
- Three Things I Learned From #CocaColaRenew
- An Evil Thirst: Ciel Presents Greatest Post-Apocalyptic Film Never Made