Dear Fellow Shareowners,
If you own shares in The
I would like to point out a few things in particular:
- Last year, we adopted Equity Stewardship Guidelines, under which we committed to enhance transparency about equity awards and to use substantially fewer shares. Consistent with those guidelines, the value and number of shares underlying long-term equity awards granted to executives in February 2015 were significantly lower than last year.
- We adopted new metrics tied directly to our business strategy and improved “line of sight” for employees in business units, so that long-term incentive awards are tied more directly to results that employees can influence.
- In keeping with our fundamental principle that compensation programs should pay for performance, the Company’s 2014 performance directly impacted compensation with below-target annual incentives to executives and two recent performance share unit awards not expected to pay out.
You will also see that Muhtar Kent, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, respectfully requested to forgo any annual incentive award for 2014 in light of the difficult but necessary decisions being taken as the Company implements strategic actions to accelerate growth. The Compensation Committee respects Muhtar’s decision.
Our continued commitment to you is that we will encourage open dialogue with shareowners, welcome constructive feedback and approach compensation decisions with great care, mindful of our stewardship role. As always, thank you for the trust that you have placed in us to oversee the compensation programs of The Coca-Cola Company.
More on Journey
My Internship with
Coca-Cola: Slowing the Flow of Plastic Into the Ocean in Southeast Asia
- Food and Beverage Companies Commit to Health of Mexicans
UNDP and The
Coca-ColaFoundation Release Report on New World Program’s Progress and Its Contribution to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Appeals Court Blocks San Francisco Beverage Advertising Warning Message
Coca-ColaEntertainment Zones Open at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport