With summer just around the corner, there is no better time to get moving with family and friends. I enjoy walking and hiking with my family and of course getting everyone to the pool to beat the heat!
Today I’m thrilled to announce that
We will strive to inspire 3 million Americans to have a ball getting active this summer, and we hope families and friends across the U.S. will join us. Here’s how:
Coca-Colasoccer balls will be given out at major events – like the Coca-Cola Swelter Stopper – and through MyCokeRewards.com, the Company’s online affinity program.
- Every summer weekend – starting June 21, the first day of summer, through Labor Day, September 2 – one Shine by Misfit™ activity tracker will be distributed every hour from sunrise to sunset Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) to a lucky individual through MyCokeRewards.com. This stylish activity device allows users to track activities, such as swimming and biking, while syncing with their smartphones.
- Coca-Cola USA also is encouraging families to be active this summer on behalf of their favorite national, state and local parks. Through the America Is Your Park campaign, kicking off this June, people can turn fitness activities into votes for parks to win recreation grants.
- Coca-Cola Happiness Trucks will be rolling into town and inspiring people to get on their feet and move to the beat of some of the hottest music during a series of dancing and fitness events all across the country.
This summer’s “Get the Ball Rolling” activities build
on our Company’s global commitments to help fight obesity and be
part of the solution, announced last week. Here in the U.S., we continue to
take bold actions with partners to help address obesity in every
community we serve. Just last week, in our home state of Georgia, our Chairman
& CEO Muhtar Kent, joined by Georgia Governor Nathan Deal and City of
Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed, announced a nearly $4 million pledge by The
Stuart Kronauge is General Manager of Sparkling
More on Journey
- Coming Together: Partnering for Healthier, Happier, More Active Communities
- Coke CEO on Global Well-Being Commitments
Coca-ColaGreat Britain Takes Action to Help Fight Against Obesity
Coca-ColaCompany Reinforces Its Commitment to Help America in the Fight Against Obesity
- Global Coke Ads Help Fight Against Obesity