With summer just around the corner, there is no better time to get moving with family and friends. I enjoy walking and hiking with my family and of course getting everyone to the pool to beat the heat!
Today I’m thrilled to announce that Coca-Cola USA aims to inspire America to “Get the Ball Rolling” this summer by hosting events and programs that celebrate the joy of activity. We are bringing together happiness and movement in a way that only The Coca-Cola Company can.
We will strive to inspire 3 million Americans to have a ball getting active this summer, and we hope families and friends across the U.S. will join us. Here’s how:
- Thousands of Coca-Cola soccer balls will be given out at major events – like the Coca-Cola Swelter Stopper – and through MyCokeRewards.com, the Company’s online affinity program.
- Every summer weekend – starting June 21, the first day of summer, through Labor Day, September 2 – one Shine by Misfit™ activity tracker will be distributed every hour from sunrise to sunset Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) to a lucky individual through MyCokeRewards.com. This stylish activity device allows users to track activities, such as swimming and biking, while syncing with their smartphones.
- Coca-Cola USA also is encouraging families to be active this summer on behalf of their favorite national, state and local parks. Through the America Is Your Park campaign, kicking off this June, people can turn fitness activities into votes for parks to win recreation grants.
- Coca-Cola Happiness Trucks will be rolling into town and inspiring people to get on their feet and move to the beat of some of the hottest music during a series of dancing and fitness events all across the country.
This summer’s “Get the Ball Rolling” activities build on our Company’s global commitments to help fight obesity and be part of the solution, announced last week. Here in the U.S., we continue to take bold actions with partners to help address obesity in every community we serve. Just last week, in our home state of Georgia, our Chairman & CEO Muhtar Kent, joined by Georgia Governor Nathan Deal and City of Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed, announced a nearly $4 million pledge by The Coca-Cola Foundation to support physical activity programs in Atlanta and around the state.
At Coca-Cola, we believe that when people come together – and have fun – good things happen. We are committed to being a part of the solution to obesity, and we can’t wait to “Get the Ball Rolling” this summer. We hope you’ll join us!
Stuart Kronauge is General Manager of Sparkling Beverages at Coca-Cola USA.
More on Journey
- Coming Together: Partnering for Healthier, Happier, More Active Communities
- Coke CEO on Global Well-Being Commitments
- Coca-Cola Great Britain Takes Action to Help Fight Against Obesity
- The Coca-Cola Company Reinforces Its Commitment to Help America in the Fight Against Obesity
- Global Coke Ads Help Fight Against Obesity