Coca-Cola’s bottling partner in Thailand, ThaiNamthip Limited, recently announced that it is forming a joint venture entity with PT Construction Co., Ltd., a Laos-based company, for the bottling and distribution of Coca-Cola sparkling and still beverages in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic. The new venture will immediately expand the availability of Coca-Cola’s products in the Lao market.
The joint venture, named Lao Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Ltd., will have an initial investment capital of US$ 40 million over five years. ThaiNamthip will hold 70% of the shareholdings and PT Construction Co., Ltd. will hold the remaining 30%. As part of the agreement, Lao Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Ltd. has begun distribution in Laos with Coca-Cola products supplied by ThaiNamthip’s plants in Thailand. Lao Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Ltd. will construct a bottling plant to be located in Vientiane province and this is expected to be operational in 2014. The new plant will employ around 70 people as well as generate additional indirect employment for around 500 people.
ThaiNamthip Ltd, the Coca-Cola bottler in Thailand, and PT Construction Co. kicking off the new joint venture in Laos.
Looking for more information? The Bangkok Post shared a story today with more details.
Natha Boonprasit is Public Relations Manager at Coca-Cola Thailand.