Our friends at Global Citizen were with us all year long, promoting our sustainability message and helping to connect us with motivated change makers online and in person. Our collaborative #ADayWithoutWaste campaign has also delivered success in recycling: We helped to divert nearly 900,000 plastic bottles from landfills in 2014 alone.
Here’s a recap of our favorite moments from a very busy year:
- Through our Global Citizen partnership, we brought recycling and our sustainability message to concerts in Austin (at SXSW), Chicago, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and New York City.
- Aloe Blacc gave us a shout out after performing at the Red Vic in Chicago.
- We partnered with our friends at to offer cool swag in exchange for empty plastic bottles at the Firefly Festival, Music Midtown and The Global Citizen Festival
- We were the official sustainability partner of the free
concert of the year — the Global Citizen Festival in New York Central
Park, headlined by Jay-Z, Beyonce, No Doubt, Tiesto, The Roots and F.U.N., with guest appearances from many world leaders.
- We kicked off 2014 with , highlighting cool indie designers that are influencing the future of fashion through their sustainable practices.
- EKOCYCLE x Hallenstein Brothers designer Jomnarn Dul created an EKOCYCLE-inspired suit from upcycled bottles for Susie Amis Cameron’s sustainable-style competition Red Carpet, Green Dress. Jom’s winning look was created for, and worn by, Twilight star Kellan Lutz at the Oscars.
- We collaborated with Sian-Pierre Regis, founder of Swagger New York (and CNN style correspondent) — to create the ultimate . Who won? You decide!
- Babs Burchfield, partner with Olivia Wilde in starting Conscious Commerce — a shopping destination for ethically sourced goods — welcomed us to their pop-up shop in New York’s Time Square, just in time for the Global Citizen Festival.
- EKOCYCLE style partner launched several , all made in part from recycled plastic bottles.
- EKOCYCLE partner also launched a number of cool looks
— all designed by partners in their Artist Network Program.
- Through our partnership with 3D Systems Corporation, we
launched the EKOCYCLE™ Cube® 3D printer, which uses post-consumer rPET as part
of the plastic filament.
- Thanks to a generous donation from The
Coca-ColaCompany and 3D Systems Corporation, 1500 of our new 3D printers to FIRST® teams across the country — helping to connect sustainability to STEM education programs.
- We partnered with cool organizations like the to inspire future global leaders to think about the future and waste as potential. Riders also had a chance to see the potential of the EKOCYCLE Cube in a custom-built hacker space.We connected with the local Atlanta community at — sponsoring the Waste-Free After party, and working with brands of purpose to re-imagine the future of shopping, commerce and our environment.
- We engaged with business leaders in sustainability and
fashion at events like Premiere Vision and Sustainable Brands.
With a year like this, we can hardly wait to jump into 2015. We’re excited to give those with a shared mission a voice, and to expand our positive impact on the environment. Thanks to everyone that joined us! Stay with us, invite friends, and help make sustainability part of your personal mission.