We’ve been talking a lot about our commitments to help fight obesity lately. Why? Cause we’re serious about it. Here’s one reason why: This LA Times’ article, “Don’t just sit there. Really.” shares insight from several studies pointing to the health risks of too much sitting… diabetes, heart disease and even an early grave.
Solutions can be as big as using an alternative desk or as small as increasing the number of steps you take each day. Some companies, like Coca-Cola, uphold health initiatives like offering rewards for the number of steps you collect on a pedometer. To get out of our daily habits, we need a reminder to get up and keep it moving throughout the day. Do you have ideas to help the obesity epidemic? Let us know here.
More on Journey
- Walk the Talk: Sitting Is the Smoking of Our Generation
- Coke CEO on Global Well-Being Commitments
- Stand And Deliver: Professionals and Companies Alike Applaud Benefits of Alternative Desks
- On the Road to Poor Health, Coke Leader Decides to change. Does He Ever.
- What Is Weighing Us Down? New Infographic Shows How Calorie Imbalance Impacts Us All