Ceree Eberly, chief people officer at The Coca-Cola Company, inspired 75 of her colleagues in Gurgaon, India, during a special session commemorating International Women’s Day (March 8).
During a panel discussion on the UN’s International Women’s Day theme for 2016 – Pledge for Parity – Eberly shared several professional and personal stories. As she reflected on her career and life lessons, she highlighted the importance of taking risks, believing in yourself, challenging conventional norms, accepting that you cannot always be perfect, and accepting support from family and friends.
Here are 10 pieces of advice Eberly shared:
1. Success means daring to dream. It doesn’t matter what’s on the other side, just know that you can do it.
2. Asking for help is a sign of strength.
3. It’s ok to not have all the answers.
4. Put aside devices and be present for those you love!
5. Quit trying to be perfect and do things that really matter, both as a person and a professional.
6. It’s important to face your fears even if they scare you.
7. Once you make a commitment, there’s no going back.
8. When an opportunity knocks on your door, embrace it.
9. We win collectively, we lose separately.
10. Surround yourself with people who are different from you, who teach you and keep you humble.