Looking After Nature
Sustainability has always been a top priority for Römerquelle. The mineral water brand follows stringent environmental standards, makes economical use of raw materials and energy, and constantly develops clever processes and innovative ideas to protect the environment. With sustainability already built into its brand values, Römerquelle and PlantBottle are a natural fit.
“The PlantBottle pack looks the same and can be recycled just as easily as a conventional PET bottle. But the big difference is that it conserves valuable natural resources,” said Sandra Lischka, senior brand manager, Römerquelle Packaging Innovation.
PlantBottle packaging helps
The Römerquelle bottling plant in Edelstal, in the province of Burgenland, Austria, has been certified according to the EU's Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS) since 2014. It has also been awarded the European Water Stewardship (EWS) Gold Certificate for its ongoing efforts and initiatives to conserve water resources.
More on Journey
- Our Way Forward: How We're Keeping People at the Heart of Our Business
- Coke’s Way Forward: New Business Strategy to Focus on Choice, Convenience… and the Consumer
- An Old Craft in Young Hands
- Why We're Giving Coke Zero an Upgrade
- Coca-Cola Celebrates Past, Present and Future of Crete With Limited-Edition Bottle