It’s a plane fit for the global icon of football supremacy.
Earlier today, we got a sneak peek inside the 40-passenger McDonnell Douglas (MD) 83 aircraft that will take the FIFA World Cup Trophy on its globetrotting journey over the next nine months before the tournament kicks off in Brazil.
The plane – decorated in the vibrant colors of the host nation of the 2014 FIFA World Cup – takes off tomorrow morning on its maiden voyage from Atlanta, Ga. to San Jose, Costa Rica. There, thousands of fans will have their photo taken with the 18-carat-gold trophy and enjoy other attractions and interactive experiences.
More on Journey
- Cross-Country Cycling Towards a Brighter Future in India
- Slideshow: Top 10 Photos From First Leg of FIFA World Cup Trophy Tour
- Midnight Bike to Belgium: When a Commute to Work Starts on a Sunday (Video)
- Three NBA All-Stars Headline 2014 Sprite Slam Dunk
- World Sight Day: India’s Blind Cricket Team Captain Says Being Visually Impaired is a Gift