Today the Grocery Manufacturers Association and the Food Marketing Institute kicked-off a new educational campaign to support Facts Up Front. The nutrient-based labeling system places important nutrition information from the Nutrition Facts Panel on the front of food and beverage packages. The campaign aims to help people increase their nutrition knowledge, understand their individual nutrient needs and put this information to use when shopping.
The digital campaign will provide people with interactive tools and information to increase their nutrition knowledge. People who visit the website, FactsUpFront.org, can find out about their specific calorie and nutrition needs with the easy-to-use Nutrition Calculator and other tools.
Facts Up Front labeling can help people make informed dietary choices by making key nutrition information more prominent and accessible. People will be able to use the uniform label to quickly compare products at store shelves and identify the foods and beverages that meet their personal nutrition needs.For more information, including educational tools and resources, please visit FactsUpFront.org.
More on Journey
- A Dirty Fight For Clean Water in India
- In Turkey, a Women’s Cooperative Coverts Local Produce and Solar Power Into a Thriving Business
- Water-Stressed Village in Lebanon Gets 'Water-Wise'
- Wise, Aware, Safe and Healthy: 40,000 students across South Africa receive WASH Training with the RAIN Water for Schools Program
- Raising our Collective Voice on World Day Against Child Labor