Fresh from storming the UK charts with their second single ‘Braveheart’ British girl group Neon Jungle are next to take the reins of our ‘happy’ themed Spotify playlists.
Formed in February 2013, the last year has certainly been an eventful one, with the quintet supporting Jessie J on her UK tour, as well as performing at NYC’s Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in November.
Their newest single, ‘Welcome To The Jungle’ (also the inspiration for their name) is out on April 20th.
We caught with the group to talk playlist choices, happy songs and what the future holds.
1. For someone not familiar with Neon Jungle, please could you describe your sound?
ASAMI: Our sound is very eclectic; we have different sounds merged into one song!! But I think our sound has a happy, feel good vibe to it.
2. What's the happiest song you've ever recorded?
JESS: ‘Can't Stop The Love’, one of the tracks that will be on our album. It's a real clap & sing along kind of tune. You can't help but smile and feel positive hearing it.
3. Tell us about the tracks on your playlist and why you chose them?
AMIRA: They are a mixture of all our tastes in music and generally uplifting happy songs.
4. We think happiness is better shared, can you pick a song from your playlist and tell us who you'd want to share it with?
JESS: Robin S ‘Show Me Love’. I believe everyone in the whole world should know this song by heart!! So to the world!! hehe
5. If you could have written any album yourselves what would it be?
SHEREEN: Ooooo, good question, probably Miguel’s Kaleidoscope!
6. What does 2014 hold in store for you?SHEREEN: Basically 2014 is going to be when we take over the worlddddd *evil laugh* mwhahhah! Haha! We have loads of festivals coming up, the album will be out, and it's going to be full of surprises!
More on Journey
- The Sounds of Happiness: Listen to Theme Park’s Spotify Playlist
- What Happiness Sounds Like: Spotify Playlist by Island Records
- Discover a World of New Music With '52 Songs of Happiness'
- Spotify and Coca-Cola Partner to Share Music with the World
- The Sights and Sounds of Coke Music: Design Lead Goes Behind the VIS