There is power in partnership, and a recent 5by20 Women’s Entrepreneur Training session in Detroit showed that when people and organizations come together to do good, lives can change.
Coca-Cola, White Castle, Impact Odyssey and the City of Detroit teamed up to provide aspiring and existing women business owners with the tools they need to launch their business ideas and effectively manage their current ones.
“Since 1929, White Castle has been a proud member of the Detroit community,” said Kim Kelly-Bartley, chief marketing officer, White Castle. “At White Castle, we strive to feed the souls of Craver generations everywhere while feeding hunger, hope and dreams. This training focused on feeding the dreams of those who have an interest in bringing an idea for a business to life, which will contribute to the ongoing success of Detroit.”
More than 90 women entrepreneurs from Detroit gathered to learn, network and gain new business skills. The environment was engaging, full of energy, and participants soaked up every bit of knowledge delivered during workshops.
Training topics included:
- 6 C's of Credit that Banks Look For
- Leadership and the Right Mindset
- Vetting Your Business Idea & Concept
- Access to Capital
A panel of local business owners and experts also shared their secrets to success, helping participants to realize their dreams of business ownership.
This event is one of many trainings hosted by Impact Odyssey, as part of The
More on Journey
- 2016/17 Sustainability Update
- 2016/17 Sustainability Update: Women's Economic Empowerment
- 2016/17 Sustainability Update: Women's Economic Empowerment Infographic
- Partnerships are the foundation for improving access to safe water and sanitation in Africa
- What’s the Difference Between Coke Zero and Coca-Cola Zero Sugar?