We recently spoke
to renowned photojournalist Rick Smolan about his ambitious multimedia
project, The Human Face of Big Data,
which goes “behind the byes” to breathe life into 2013’s hottest buzzword.
Smolan crowdsourced people-driven stories and images that illustrate many of
the ways our smartphone records, texts, browser histories, GPS data and other
information are affecting our ability to live healthier, happier and safer
lives. The book also explores Big Data’s darker side, with a look at how
technology is monitoring, tracking and pinpointing our (nearly) every move.
Where do you stand? Do the pros of Big Data outweigh the cons, or do you see many of today’s tools as a threat to your privacy and security? Let us know.
More on Journey
- Robinson Region Round Two: #1 'Mean' Joe Greene vs. #2 The Polar Bear
- Pemberton Region Round Two: #1 The Coca-Cola Red Disc vs. #2 The Hilltop Singers
- Calling All Audiophiles: LPs or mp3s? Cast Your Vote!
- Bracket Challenge Final Round: The Contour Bottle vs. Santa Claus
- The Oscars: Do You Preview the Nominees for Best Picture?