Spring is here! Finally. The cold winter weather has disappeared and that means it’s time to spring clean everything. But just because you want to give everything a good scrub doesn’t mean you want it to smell like you did – and that’s not even mentioning the way that harsh cleaning products can make your skin feel.
That’s why lately
we’ve been experimenting with making our own cleaning products. It’s easier
than you’d ever think, cheaper than buying the stuff in the store, and still works
Supplies You Will Need:
- White vinegar
- Distilled water
- Citrus peels (It’s easy to cut these away and use the yummy citrus inside for something tasty – we made this avocado citrus salad.)
Step 1: Put citrus peels in your glass container and sprinkle just a little bit of salt over the top. This helps to bring out the oils in the citrus.
Step 2: Fill container halfway with vinegar, and then top off with water.
Step 3: Seal your container and leave to steep for 2-3 weeks. It looks pretty on your counter, so you won’t mind the wait.
Step 4: Strain into a spray bottle and clean away!
Laicie Heeley is the editor and founder of the popular lifestyle blog A Thousand Threads. With a passion for local food, scratch baking, film photography, and folk music, Laicie’s blog reflects her unique sense of style and focuses on building a life that you love. A Thousand Threads has been featured across the web on sites including Refinery29 and BuzzFeed, as well as on The Everygirl’s “Blogwatch,” which profiles strong up and coming blogs. You can also find Laicie on The Everygirl every Friday, where she reports the news. Always an Oregonian at heart, Laicie is happily settled in Maryland, where she spends her free time with her husband, her stepson, and her dog.
More on Journey
- 10 Years of Switching Off: How Earth Hour Became a Global Movement
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Meet the 22-Year-Old Moviemakers Who Won the Coca-Cola and Regal Films Competition
- Coke Music Live Stream Brings Moe’s Southwest Grill Back to Music Roots