This recipe, submitted by Trish Powers of Lutherville, Maryland, is perfect for any holiday gathering.
- 1 Center Cut beef brisket
- 2 cans of tomato sauce (4-ounce)
- 1 packet instant onion soup/dip mix
- ground ginger
- 12 potatoes
- 12 carrots
- Total Time: 4 hr 15 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- In a flat roasting pan place beef brisket fat side up.
- Sprinkle onion soup/dip mix on top of brisket, and pour 2 cans of tomato sauce on top.
Sprinkle with ground ginger. Pour half of the 2-liter bottle of
Coca-Colaover meat. Place whole potatoes and carrots around the sides of the pan.
- Add enough water to cover meat.
Place in 350-degree oven for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, occasionally spooning sauce over meat. If necessary, add a little more
Coca-Colaor water to keep the meat covered. Meat is done when fork tender.
- When finished, remove meat from pan and slice fat cap off the top. Using an electric knife, carefully cut meat across the grain into 1/4" slices and place in a casserole dish covering with some of the sauce. Reserve some to be used as gravy.
- Serve with the potatoes, carrots and fresh loaf of challah (twisted egg bread) for sopping up the gravy.
More On Journey
- 5 Can't-Miss State Fairs: Plus a Look at Coke's Refreshing History on the Midway
- If You Can't Take the Heat, Get in the Kitchen: 5 No-Cook Recipes for Hot Days
- Share a Coke Float... With Martha
- Fall Harvest: How to Preserve Your Summer Herbs
- Food Trucks at Coke HQ: Supporting Local Business One Bite at a Time