- 5 knockwurst
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Cans tomato sauce (8 oz.)
- 1 Teaspoon curry powder
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- .25 Teaspoons onion powder
- Total Time: 30 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
Add tomato sauce, curry powder, paprika, onion powder and
Coca-Colato a small bowl and mix well to make the sauce.
- Place butter in a medium saucepan and melt over medium heat.
- Cut knockwurst into 1/2 inch thick slices. Place pieces into saucepan and stir often until browned.
- Add the sauce to the knockwurst in the saucepan.
- Lower heat to medium-low, cover and allow to cook for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Check flavor and add more curry and paprika at your discretion.
- Remove from heat and plate. Top with a pinch of paprika.
Note: In Berlin, currywurst is usually served with pomme frites (french fries). Add extra sauce to your fries!