Try this twist on a family favorite. Makes roughly 32 cookies.
About the Author
A native Oregonian, Eva Marie Kosmas currently resides in Los Angeles, California. Her love of cooking can be credited to being raised in her parents' Greek deli in Portland, which they owned and operated for over thirty years. When she is not developing recipes or shooting and styling in the field, she enjoys tending to her garden, curling up with a good book, and traveling. She can be found online at Adventures in Cooking.
Eva is one of our food bloggers for The Opener, an
exclusive, invite-only contributor network that will bring the best food,
culture, and innovation writing to the pages of
- 2.25 Cup all purpose flour
- .5 Teaspoon salt
- .5 Teaspoon baking soda
- .33 Cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- .5 Cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 Tablespoon Coca-Cola
- 1 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Total Time: 35 min
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda until combined, set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars at medium speed until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until incorporated. Add the Coca-Cola, 1 tablespoon at a time, until fully incorporated. Then add the flour mixture and mix at low speed until a smooth dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips until they’re evenly distributed throughout the dough. Use a tablespoon to scoop out the dough and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing the cookies about 3 inches apart from each other. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 14-16 minutes or until the cookies are very lightly golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool until they’re warm enough to handle, then remove them from the baking sheet and serve.
More on Journey
- What Do Coca-Cola, Cracker Barrel, Cake and Camouflage Have in Common? Supporting Service Members, Naturally.
- #ICYMI: 5 Top Stories from Coca-Cola Journey
- 7 Beautiful Places to Celebrate Planet Earth
- The Golden Rule of Creativity
- A Slice of Coca-Cola History: Beloved Kentucky Bottling Plant Reborn as Mellow Mushroom Pizzeria