Add a splash of citrus to your cake pops with this Fanta recipe from
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 0.25 Cups oil
- 1 Cup Orange Fanta
- white frosting
- lollipop sticks (6in or 12in)
- almond bark or candy melts
- snack size sandwich bags
- cake pop stand or large styrofoam to hold pops
- Total Time: 30 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the white cake mix, three eggs, and oil. Add 1 cup of your favorite coke and mix. Add 1-2 drops of your flavor enhancer and food coloring. Mix for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased pan and bake immediately for 23-26 minutes.
- Cake must be cooled completely before making the cake pops. While the cake cools, mix 2 tablespoons of white frosting with 2-3 drops of flavoring.
- Crumble the cake into tiny, fine pieces. Add the flavored frosting and mix. The cake should begin to get thick, with an almost dough like consistency. When the mixture holds its' shape, it's ready to be rolled into balls.
- Weigh the cake to about 1.75oz. or smaller, depending on the size of the balls you need to create. Roll the balls and set aside. If you don't have a scale, roll them into the size of a golf ball.
- Once the entire cake has been rolled, refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Put your almond bark or chocolate wafers in a microwave safe container and heat in 30 second intervals until your chocolate is entirely melted. Remove the cake pops from the refrigerator and get your lollipop sticks.
- Insert a lollipop stick approximately 1 inch into the chocolate and insert into your cake pop. Allow the chocolate to dry completely. Once you've inserted all your sticks you're ready to dip.
- Dip the cake pop straight down into the chocolate and swirl to cover the dried chocolate on the stick. Remove the pop and hold at an angle to allow the excess chocolate to drip off into the container. Place cake pop in a drying stand to decorate.
- To decorate using chocolate, place melted chocolate into a sandwich bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and pipe the decoration onto your pop.
Fun Cake Pop Design Ideas
Go to our
More On Journey
- Step-by-Step Instructions: Watch our Coke Cherry Zero Cake Pops Video
- Carving with Coke and Fanta: Downloadable Halloween Stencils and Jack O' Lantern Tips
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Halloween
- Crazy Candy: These Wild, Sweet Treats Are No Trick
- Posh Pops: Entrepreneurs Bring Funky Frozen Treats to the Masses
- Coke Float Frozen Pops