This simple, savory recipe -- courtesy of reader Una Yu of New York, N.Y. -- provides a tasty addition to your Big Game spread.
- 2 Slices ginger
- 12 chicken wings, just the middle section
- 2 Teaspoons cooking oil
- .5 Cups dark soy sauce
12-ounce can of
- Total Time: 35 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Heat a small-medium sized pot, add the oil and ginger.
- When the oil is hot, brown the wings on both sides. Do this in batches if necessary.
- When all the wings are browned, take out the ginger, and add the soy sauce and Coke into the pot.
- Bring to a boil, then turn to medium/low-medium heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until meat falls of the bone easily.
- Taste the sauce to see if it is needs more soy sauce. If not, turn heat back on high for a few minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Make sure the wings are covered with the Coke/soy sauce mixture.
- Add more sauce according to taste.