This recipe was developed by the Culinary Institute of America for
Coca-Cola. If you're looking to score a touchdown for your Big Game party, these Diet Coke nachos should do the trick.
- 1.66 Cups Diet Coke®
- 2 Teaspoons olive oil
- 1.25 Pounds chicken breast meat, skinless, trimmed of fat, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 Cups onion, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1.5 Cups green bell pepper, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1.5 Cups red bell pepper, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 jalapeños, seeded, finely diced 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Teaspoons salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 flour tortillas (8-inch diameter) cut to 6 wedges
- 1 Fat-free non-stick cooking spray, as needed
- Total Time: 1 hr
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Place diet cola in a saucepan over medium-high heat and reduce to 3/4 cup. Reserve for later.
- Make topping by heating olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and sauté chicken until light golden on all sides, about 7-10 minutes. Remove chicken and reserve for later.
- In same pan, add onions and peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes, and then add garlic. Continue to cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and reduced diet cola. Add the salt and pepper, toss well and remove from heat. Cover to keep warm while preparing tortillas.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place tortilla wedges on non-stick cookie sheets and spray them with cooking spray. Bake until tortillas are crispy and lightly golden, about 12 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Serve nachos topped with chicken, onions and peppers.
Makes 8 servings
Serving size: 1 8-inch tortilla, 1/3 cup topping