Many of us have fond memories of sharing a Coke float with the special people in our lives. Family gatherings, summer holidays, ice cream shops, and outdoor barbeques – on a warm summer day, it’s hard to find something as sweet and enjoyable as sharing a cool float with loved ones.
For Valentine’s Day, how about putting an extra special twist on the classic favorite? In this easy recipe, the traditional Cherry Coke float flavor has been immortalized inside sweet, moist, cola-filled brownies! What can I even say? There’s just no way to explain what the Cherry Coke does to these brownies – not to mention the sweet burst of cherries with just about each and every bite.Bring an extra hint of romance to your treat and share a brownie with your sweetie. With one pretty, swirly topping of vanilla frosting and a cherry on top, this treat is just enough to drive home all of that romantic deliciousness!
About the Author
Amy Erickson is the voice behind Oh, Bite It. She creates fun and unique kitchen creations that are mostly all happy accidents. She is not a trained chef and doesn’t take food too seriously. She just finds it fun to keep things interesting in the kitchen.
Amy is one of our food bloggers for The Opener, an
exclusive, invite-only contributor network that will bring the best food,
culture, and innovation writing to the pages of
- 1 box basic brownie mix
- 1 (10 oz.) jar maraschino cherries, no stems, drained
Coca-ColaCherry, to replace liquids as required by brownie instructions
- 1 Can vanilla frosting, used for topping
- Maraschino cherries with stems, for topping
- Total Time: 35 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare the brownie mix according to your box instructions
- Replace the recommended liquid with equal amounts of Cherry Coke
- Add 10oz. jar of drained cherries to the mixture and gently stir them into the brownie batter
- Pour the Cherry Coke batter into a greased 9x13 baking pan
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 – 25 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool, cut into desired serving sizes
- Top with vanilla frosting and maraschino cherries at your discretion.