Archie Lee, the D'Arcy Advertising Agency executive working with The
For inspiration, Sundblom turned to Clement Clark Moore's 1822 poem "A Visit From St. Nicholas" (commonly called "'Twas the Night Before Christmas"). Moore's description of St. Nick led to an image of a warm, friendly, pleasantly plump and human Santa. (And even though it's often said that Santa wears a red coat because red is the color of
To learn more about the
Slideshow: Holiday Ads Through The Years
More On Journey
- Most Patriotic Brands: Did Coke Make the List?
- Coke Leads the Charge of America’s Most Respected Brands
- Un Verano para Compartir: La Campaña "Share a Coke" Llega a los EE.UU.
- Sticking Together: Football Fans Unite Through Virtual Panini Sticker Album
- Powerade's Nico Calabria Shares His Inspiring Story on CNN