- PlantBottle Technology™ from The Coca-Cola Company is applied for the first time beyond PET packaging as part of the interior fabric of a Ford Fusion Energi plug-in hybrid research vehicle
- The Fusion Energi research vehicle uses PlantBottle Technology™ for seat cushions, seat backs, head restraints, door panel inserts and headliners
- Fabric made from PlantBottle Technology™ consists of up to 30 percent plant-based materials, showing the broad potential of two global consumer icons to leverage renewable materials to help replace petroleum and other fossil fuels used for traditional PET fabric
ATLANTA and DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 15, 2013 – The Coca-Cola Company and Ford Motor Company are fueling more sustainable design by collaborating on a first-ever interior fabric made from the same renewable material used to produce Coca-Cola’s PlantBottle Technology™ packaging... Download the full press release.
More on Journey
- From Farm to Fridge: The Lowdown on Stevia
- Quincey at CAGNY: 'We Are Going to Be a Total Beverage Company'
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent Receives 2017 Water Leader Award
- Water for Life: Youth-based NGO Raleigh Borneo and Coca-Cola Malaysia Provide Clean Water to Rural Communities in Sabah
- Leading the Way: The Innovative Ways the British Soft Drinks Industry Is Helping to Reduce Sugar Intake