Our Company recognized associates and internal teams who have made outstanding contributions to supplier diversity success in its annual Partners in the Promise Awards celebration. Held June 10, the ceremony honored suppliers who have excelled in product delivery, quality and services. Overall, our Company increased the total amount we spend with diverse suppliers by 14.8 percent, since 2012. Because of the
Vice President of Global Supplier Diversity Terrez Thompson said, “One of the greatest benefits of this dynamic team is that I get to witness firsthand the lasting impacts of associates who are eager to make a difference. But this is only the beginning, and there is continued hard work and creative tension along the path.”
TCCC’s supplier diversity goal is to join the ‘Billion Dollar Roundtable’ (BDR) by the year 2020, in line with our 2020 Vision, by spending $1 billion directly with diverse suppliers in one year. We’re leveraging our global footprint, with programs such as our 5by20 initiative to empower five million women across the globe, to help boost our North America supplier diversity efforts and join the BDR. Spending $952 million with diverse suppliers in 2013, our Company is making strong progress toward this goal.
Manager of General Procurement Tyra Paytes earned the Champion of the Year award, recognized for proactively advocating the inclusion of diverse suppliers in her division. She was able to extract $8.4 million in second tier spending, incorporating global and local opportunities to reach her goal.
“To become a world class program you have to have a world class team, and I am fortunate to have the very best there is. I know we have a promising journey ahead of us,” Thompson said.
Other recipients of the 2014 Partners in the Promise Awards include:
- Outstanding Leadership Award: Ann Taylor, VP and President, Global Business Services
- Buyer of the Year Award: Kaye Masters, Senior Manager, Procurement
- Special Recognition Awards:
- Mark Ferguson, VP, Global Procurement Equipment
- Allan Johnke, Sr., Financial Analyst
- LeKea McMillan, Senior Procurement Manager, PMO-OE
- Terri Milewski, Senior Executive Administrative Assistant
- Supplier of the Year Awards:
- Diverse Supplier of the Year Award: NEI Global, Inc.
- Prime Supplier of the Year Award: MeadWestvaco Corporation
More on Journey
New Bottler to Join U.S.
Coca-ColaSystem; Three Existing Bottlers Sign Letters of Intent to Expand
- Continued Progress in Refranchising of North American Bottling Territories
Coca-ColaCEO Highlights Long-Term Growth at Annual Meeting of Shareowners
Coca-ColaCompany Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results
The Board of Directors of The
Coca-ColaCompany Elects Officers, Declares Quarterly Dividend