The Coca-Cola Company was named one of DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” for 2013, an honor received for 11 consecutive years. We were ranked 38th, up from 46th last year.
DiversityInc ranks companies, based on responses to an online survey with approximately 300 questions in four areas: CEO Commitment, Human Capital, Corporate and Organizational Communications, and Supplier Diversity. The DiversityInc survey is one of the most comprehensive and prestigious diversity surveys for companies with more than 1,000 employees. This year 893 firms participated in the survey, compared to 587 in 2012.
“The Company remains focused on continued progress with our diversity, inclusion and workplace fairness initiatives,” said Chief Diversity Officer Steve Bucherati. “We are committed to our 2020 Vision goal of achieving true diversity, and for our Company, this means our ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world both in the marketplace and the workplace.”
This is the second year that the Company’s submission encompassed our expanded U.S. organization, including the North America operations of Coca-Cola Enterprises acquired in October 2010.
As noted by DiversityInc in a press release, “A full year after its merger with Coca-Cola Enterprises, the Company continues to regain its prominence as a diversity leader.”
Its online company profile goes on to praise Chairman and CEO Muhtar Kent as a visible diversity leader “who holds executives accountable for results and who personally communicates his support to employees and external stakeholders.”
More on Journey
- The Coca-Cola Company Reports First Quarter 2017 Results
- The Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company Announces 55th Consecutive Annual Dividend Increase
- "Share a Coke" Returns with More Names, More Flavors and More Ways to Enjoy Ice-Cold Summer Refreshment
- The Coca-Cola Company Congratulates China Bottling Partners on Significant Refranchising Milestone
- The Coca-Cola System welcomes AdeS® as the newest member of its expanding ready-to-drink beverage portfolio