As the official sponsor of the Tunisian national team,
As of Feb. 2, those figures had risen to nearly 1.1million views on YouTube and 150,000 shares on Facebook.
The three-and-a half-minute ad urges Tunisians to rally behind their national football team and features music by Si Lemhef, a popular artist from the Tunisian Revolution. Several national team players also are included in the spot, which can be seen below.
"Tunisians are naturally football fanatics, and we all have a strong connection to the national team, particularly during the Africa Cup of Nations, when rivalry on the continent is at a high point," said Sami Chahed, Franchise Manager, Tunisia. "In addition, given the uncertainty that has permeated daily Tunisian life as a result of political changes over the past year, we have tapped into the down-to-earth moments of happiness everyone can experience by cheering for our national team."
In line with the Euro charter, a local campaign launched to support the Tunisian national team at the ACN. The campaign follows a simple formula: a normal guy + a football match + a bottle of Coke = an inspired and determined person "possessed by football happiness."
The campaign calls for Tunisians to bring out their inner "Grintaa" (craziness) when enjoying
"Engaging Si Lemhef was really critical to the project's success," said Sonia Laroui , Senior Marketing Manager, North Africa. "By partnering with him on the music, we are able to tap into young people's desire for change and expression. And since Tunisians are extremely active on social media, we were keen to use this medium. We are extremely proud that we were the globally most shared video."
More on Journey
- The Coca-Cola Company Hypes Up the Hoosier State During NCAA® Men's Final Four® in Indianapolis
- Recycling Fashion: Will.i.am, Coca-Cola launch new brand
- New Movie Explores the Future Frontiers of Formula One
- W Hotels Worldwide, will.i.am and The Coca-Cola Company Introduce the EKOCYCLE™ Brand to W Hotel Guest Rooms across the Globe
- Coca-Cola Announces Multi-Year Partnership with World's Top-Ranked Golfer, Jordan Spieth