Muhtar Kent made Fortune magazine's list of the top 50 business leaders of 2011, coming in at No. 9.
Fortune had this to say about our company's chairman and CEO: "Under his leadership, Coke has invested heavily in bottling and distribution infrastructure in emerging markets like China, India and Mexico, where rapid urbanization, population growth and rising per capita income are driving demand. Numbers tell the story: In the third quarter of this year, Coke saw volume growth of 11% in China and 19% in India, vs. 1% in the mature North American market ... Coke's efficient management, global distribution network and unparalleled brand recognition give Kent a strong platform to build on."
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Continues Progress in North American Refranchising, Including Launches of Two New Bottlers
- The Coca-Cola Company Reports First Quarter 2017 Results
- The Coca-Cola Company Announces Continued Progress with North American Refranchising Initiative
- The Coca-Cola Company Announces Timing of Earnings Release and Investor Conference Call
- New Bottler to Join U.S. Coca-Cola System; Three Existing Bottlers Sign Letters of Intent to Expand