Muhtar Kent made Fortune magazine's list of the top 50 business leaders of 2011, coming in at No. 9.
Fortune had this to say about our company's chairman and CEO: "Under his leadership, Coke has invested heavily in bottling and distribution infrastructure in emerging markets like China, India and Mexico, where rapid urbanization, population growth and rising per capita income are driving demand. Numbers tell the story: In the third quarter of this year, Coke saw volume growth of 11% in China and 19% in India, vs. 1% in the mature North American market ... Coke's efficient management, global distribution network and unparalleled brand recognition give Kent a strong platform to build on."
More on Journey
- The Coca-Cola Company Reports Third Quarter 2016 Results
- Photo Advisory: Coca-Cola CEO Highlights Long-Term Growth at Annual Meeting of Shareowners
- The Board of Directors of The Coca-Cola Company Announces 54th Consecutive Annual Dividend Increase
- The Coca-Cola Company to Present at Consumer Analyst Group of New York Conference
- The Coca-Cola Company and World Economic Forum Announce Winners of the Coca-Cola Shaping a Better Future Grant Challenge