Muhtar Kent made Fortune magazine's list of the top 50 business leaders of 2011, coming in at No. 9.
Fortune had this to say about our company's chairman and CEO: "Under his leadership, Coke has invested heavily in bottling and distribution infrastructure in emerging markets like China, India and Mexico, where rapid urbanization, population growth and rising per capita income are driving demand. Numbers tell the story: In the third quarter of this year, Coke saw volume growth of 11% in China and 19% in India, vs. 1% in the mature North American market ... Coke's efficient management, global distribution network and unparalleled brand recognition give Kent a strong platform to build on."
More on Journey
- The Coca-Cola Company Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results
- The Coca-Cola Company to Present at Consumer Analyst Group of New York Conference
- Coca-Cola Continues Progress in North American Refranchising, Including Launches of Two New Bottlers
- Statement from Coca-Cola Chairman and CEO Muhtar Kent on Travel Ban
- Photo Advisory: Coca-Cola CEO Highlights Long-Term Growth at Annual Meeting of Shareowners