We are completely confident in the safety of our soft drinks in India because they are produced to the same level of purity, regarding pesticides, as the stringent EU criteria for bottled water.
We support the adoption of stringent, science-based rules by the Indian government regarding levels of pesticides in soft drinks. The rules should be based on sound and validated testing methodologies. We continue to work with relevant government bodies, industry associations, nongovernment organizations (NGOs) and the scientific community to develop and finalize criteria and associated testing methods for pesticides in soft drinks.
We have the same uncompromising commitment to product safety and quality in India and everywhere we offer our beverages around the world, and independent third parties regularly audit all plants for compliance. The
Our soft drinks in India have been regularly tested and evaluted by the world renowned and independent Central Science Laboratories (CSL) and all tests show no detectable level of pesticides.
More on Journey
- The Coca-Cola Company and World Economic Forum Announce Winners of the Coca-Cola Shaping a Better Future Grant Challenge
- The Nepal Earthquake: How The Coca-Cola System is Responding
- Coca-Cola Invites the World to Reach up and Support the Special Olympics World Games 2015 Los Angeles
- The Coca-Cola Foundation Gives Back $84.5 Million in 2015 to Benefit Nearly 300 Organizations
- The Coca-Cola Africa Foundation Broadens Reach of Replenish Africa Initiative