We are completely confident in the safety of our soft drinks in India because they are produced to the same level of purity, regarding pesticides, as the stringent EU criteria for bottled water.
We support the adoption of stringent, science-based rules by the Indian government regarding levels of pesticides in soft drinks. The rules should be based on sound and validated testing methodologies. We continue to work with relevant government bodies, industry associations, nongovernment organizations (NGOs) and the scientific community to develop and finalize criteria and associated testing methods for pesticides in soft drinks.
We have the same uncompromising commitment to product safety and quality in India and everywhere we offer our beverages around the world, and independent third parties regularly audit all plants for compliance. The
Our soft drinks in India have been regularly tested and evaluted by the world renowned and independent Central Science Laboratories (CSL) and all tests show no detectable level of pesticides.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Inspires More than 3 Million People to “Get The Ball Rolling”
- Coca-Cola, Ford Motor Company, H.J. Heinz Company, NIKE, Inc. and Procter & Gamble today announced the formation of the Plant PET Technology Collaborative (PTC)
- Coca-Cola Life Arrives On Shelves Nationwide
- Coca-Cola Produces World's First PET Bottle Made Entirely From Plants
- 2020 Environmental Goals Press Kit