Updated Dec. 10, 2013
As one of the world’s most inclusive brands, we value and celebrate diversity. We have long been a strong supporter of the LGBT community and have advocated for inclusion and diversity through both our policies and practices. We do not condone intolerance or discrimination of any kind anywhere in the world.
As an Olympic sponsor since 1928, we believe the Olympic Games are a force for good that unite people through a common interest in sports, and we have seen firsthand the positive impact and long-lasting legacy they leave on every community that has been a host.
We support the core values of the Olympic Movement – excellence, friendship and respect – and are proud to continue our role in helping to make the Olympics a memorable experience for athletes, fans and communities all around the world. We are engaging with the International Olympic Committee on this important matter.
We believe a more positive impact can be made through continued involvement, rather than by sitting on the sidelines.
Our actions and policies demonstrating our support for the LGBT community include the following:
- We have a long-standing HR policy protecting our employees from discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity and expression.
- We have scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index for eight consecutive years.
- We have had an LGBT Business Resource Group at the Company for 13 years that is funded and supported through the Chief Diversity Officer’s department.
- We were one of the first companies in the U.S. to publicly support the Employment Non-Discrimination Act to protect employees from discrimination due to sexual orientation.
- Coca-Cola helped found and was an active supporter of Transatlantic Partners Against AIDS, a joint U.S.-Russian organization that fought AIDS and discrimination against HIV-positive people and at-risk communities. This organization became a part of the Global Business Coalition on Health.
- The Company internally and externally promoted Spirit Day 2013 through the partnership between our LGBT Business Resource Group and GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation).
- We are a presenting sponsor of NYC Pride, one of the world’s largest Pride celebrations, and support several other Pride parades and celebrations across the U.S.
- Our Global Supplier Diversity team participates in outreach events and supports the work of many organizations such as the National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC) Awards Dinner, the NGLCC Business and Leadership Conference, and the Atlanta Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce Corporate Sponsors Reception.
We will continue to promote our values for diversity and tolerance around the world through our policies and actions.