We have read media reports that a committee appointed by the Kerala government has submitted a report to the water resources department of the Government.
It is our view that any government committee or panel reviewing claims should first determine through a process of law whether any damage was caused to the residents of Palakkad, and second, if such damage was caused, who was responsible.
Numerous investigations sponsored by the Government of Kerala and others have examined issues concerning the operations of the Hindustan
It is unfortunate that the committee in Kerala was appointed on the unproven assumption that damage was caused, and that it was caused by Hindustan
In these circumstances, there is little for us to comment upon given the deliberations of a committee appointed with such a mandate.
We will comment further at a more appropriate time.
More on Journey
- The Coca-Cola Company Assures Consumers That Coca-Cola Zero Is Safe
- Statement on the Coca-Cola / American Academy of Family Physicians Partnership
- The Coca-Cola System Donates More Than 2 Million USD for Flood Victims in Thailand
- Statement From Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Pvt Ltd
- Statement from Muhtar Kent on President Obama’s Trip to Africa