ATLANTA, June 26, 2013 – School is out and the summer is here but there is still more work to be done! Organizations across North America are working to get their communities fit and
One such program is
A $1.5M grant to Catholic Charities Community Services will provide online fitness tools and a nutritionist to educate 26,000 coaches and participants in neighborhoods throughout New York. In partnership with the Mayor’s Fitness Council, a $1.2 million grant to the San Antonio Sports Foundation will provide mobile fitness and health resources throughout the city.
“Coca-Cola is committed to the health of our communities because of one simple fact – our success depends upon the strength of those communities,” said Lori George Billingsley, Vice President, Community Relations,
Other organizations receiving active, healthy living funding include:
- American College of Sports Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, $90,000
- AmeriHealth Mercy, Philadelphia, PA, $25,000
- Girls, Inc., New York City, NY, $100,000
- Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, Los Angeles, CA, $25,000
- National 4-H Council, Chevy Chase, MD, $250,000
- Philadelphia Youth Network, Philadelphia, PA, $25,000
- San Antonio Food Bank, San Antonio, TX, $300,000
- Team Mates, Omaha, NE, $25,000
- YMCA of Atlanta, Atlanta, GA, $25,000
These programs will get people moving, supporting The
Other first quarter grants made by the Foundation address additional community needs.
More than $3.8M to support education programs will provide scholarships for students who are first in their families to attend college. Through these grants, institutions like Tuskegee College, Albany State and University of Connecticut will have resources to support these trailblazing students.
In addition, $4.5M will support econcomic development initiatives, water stewardship, and other diversity and inclusion initiatives.
# # #
More on Journey
Coca-ColaSustainability Report Uses Infographics to Highlight Continued Progress Toward Company Goals
Coca-ColaCompany Completes Refranchising of Company-Owned Bottling Operations in the United States
- Company Statement on U.S. Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
Coca-ColaCompany Revises Timing of Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Earnings Release and Investor Conference Call
Coca-ColaCompany Announces Timing of Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2017 Earnings Release and Investor Conference Call