The Company sets goal to inspire 3 million people to get their “Fun” on this summer by making activities and sports gear available all summer long
Atlanta, May 13,
2013 – Following The
“Summer is a great time of year for people to come together to enjoy
activities and sports that make them happy,” said Stuart Kronauge, General Manager, Sparkling
Coca-Cola USA will “Get the Ball Rolling” this summer with events available to millions across America. Here are a few fun ways people can refresh their summer with activity:
Coca-Colasoccer balls will be given out at major events – like the Coca-Cola Swelter Stopper – and through MyCokeRewards.com, the Company’s online affinity program.
summer weekend – starting June 21, the first day of summer, to Labor Day,
September 2 – one Shine™ activity tracker by
Misfit will be distributed every hour from sunrise to sunset
Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) to a lucky individual through MyCokeRewards.com. This elegant device allows users to track
activities, such as swimming and biking, while syncing with their smartphones.
- Coca-Cola USA is encouraging families to be active this summer on behalf of their favorite national, state and local parks. Through the America Is Your Park campaign, kicking off this June, people can turn fitness activities into votes for parks to win recreation grants.
- Coca-Cola Happiness Trucks will be rolling into town and inspiring people to get on their feet and move to the beat of some of the hottest music during a series of dancing and activity events across the country.
Coca-Cola USA’s “Get The Ball Rolling” effort contributes to the Company’s
global commitments to help fight obesity and be part of the solution, announced
last week by Muhtar Kent, Chairman and CEO of The
- Offer low- or no-calorie beverage options in every market.
- Provide transparent nutrition information, featuring calories on the front of all of our packages.
- Help get people moving by supporting physical activity programs in every country where we do business.
- Market responsibly, including no advertising to children under 12 anywhere in the world.
The Coca-Cola Company continues to make the health of communities around the country a priority. We are working together with willing organizations, individuals and government to be part of the solution to obesity. Through collaborative partnerships and programs, the Company is delivering more beverage choices, calorie information and physical activity opportunities than ever before. To learn more, visit www.coke.com/comingtogether.
About Misfit Wearables
Misfit invents and manufactures wearable sensing devices that inspire people be more active and develop healthy habits. Misfit’s first product, the Shine, is an elegant wireless personal activity tracker that you can wear anywhere on your body, using different accessories, and because of its sleek all-metal construction, can be worn to any occasion: a black tie event, the office, or a friend's birthday party. Simply tap Shine and a halo of lights appear to tell you how close you are to completing your personal daily activity goal. Carved out of a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum, it was built to last a lifetime and is water-resistant for swimming. www.misfitwearables.com/shine
More on Journey
Coca-ColaCompany and The Olympic Movement
- Coca-Cola Produces World's First PET Bottle Made Entirely From Plants
- Coca-Cola Announces Multi-Year Partnership with World's Top-Ranked Golfer, Jordan Spieth
- ‘Zero Means It’s Game Day’ As Coke Zero™ Enters Year Two With ESPN’s ‘College Gameday’
Coca-ColaCompany responds to questions about business in Sudan