The Coca-Cola Foundation Supports Education and After-School Fitness Programs Through Grants Totaling $2.7M
- National Academy Foundation, New York City, NY, $50,000
- The Idea Village, Inc., New Orleans, LA, $50,000
- San Francisco Park Alliance, San Francisco, CA, $100,000
- One Hundred Black Men, Inc. of New York, New York City, NY, $25,000
- The Nature Conservancy, Atlanta, GA, $200,000
- Portland After-School Tennis & Education, Portland, OR, $25,000
- Girls, Inc. of Greater Atlanta, Atlanta, GA, $50,000
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, Arlington, VA, $50,000
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Redlands, Redlands, CA, $25,000
- Santa Maria Valley YMCA, Santa Maria, CA, $25,000
- National Federation of the Blind, Baltimore, MD, $50,000
For 127 years Coca-Cola has brought people and communities together. Today, we’re continuing that tradition by building programs to promote energy balance and encourage active, healthy living. Through collaborative partnerships and programs, Coca-Cola is delivering more beverage choices, calorie information and physical activity opportunities than ever before. To learn more visit www.comingtogether.com.
About The Coca-Cola Foundation
Since its inception, The Coca-Cola Foundation has awarded more than $500 million to support global sustainable community initiatives, including water stewardship, community recycling, active healthy living, and education. For more information about The Coca-Cola Foundation, please go to www.coca-colacompany.com/our-company/the-coca-cola-foundation.
About The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company's portfolio features 16 billion-dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of more than 1.8 billion servings a day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, support active, healthy living, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world's top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system associates. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at www.coca-colacompany.com, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/CocaColaCo, visit our blog, Coca-Cola Unbottled, at www.coca-colablog.com or find us on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/the-coca-cola-company.
# # #
More on Journey
- The Coca-Cola Company Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results
- The Coca-Cola Company Signs Letter of Intent to Grant Additional Bottling Territory to Swire Coca-Cola, USA
- Statement from Coca-Cola Chairman and CEO Muhtar Kent on Travel Ban
- The Coca-Cola Company Reports First Quarter 2016 Results
- The Coca-Cola Company Statement on Importance of Equal Rights for LGBT Community