New caffeine-free offering is extension of the fastest-growing sparkling beverage brand on the market
Atlanta, April 17, 2013 – This summer, when Coke Zero fans want to pop the top on their favorite beverage, they no longer need to consult the hands of the clock. Featuring real Coke taste and zero calories, the brand is now being made available in an option without caffeine.
Coke Zero, the only soft drink on the North American market to post double-digit sales growth for five straight years, is adding a new choice – Caffeine Free Coke Zero – giving fans a great-tasting option for later-in-the-day consumption.
“Caffeine-free products are growing in popularity, making up nearly 30 percent of all sparkling beverage sales in the U.S.,” said Stuart Kronauge, Head of Sparkling,
The launch of Caffeine Free Coke Zero is part of a broader strategy designed to make the fast-growing brand even more ubiquitous and available to consumers at any time throughout the day. Coke Zero has become increasingly visible in recent years through a variety of high-profile marketing initiatives, including:
- Sponsorship of the 2013 NCAA® Men’s Final Four®;
- Title co-sponsorship of ESPN's College GameDay, the annual season kick-off to the college football season; and
- Sponsorship of
Coca-ColaRacing Family member Danica Patrick and her No. 10 Chevrolet SS in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series
Now, with the introduction of Caffeine Free Coke Zero, the brand itself has become big enough to span limitless occasions.
Caffeine Free Coke Zero will begin appearing on shelves in supermarkets, drug stores and mass merchants nationwide in mid-July, and will be available coast to coast in August. It will be packaged in 12-packs of 12-ounce cans and 2-liter bottles. In addition, the Company will offer opportunities for people to sample the beverage.
Coke Zero is the twelfth brand in The
More on Journey
- Shaping a Healthier Georgia, One Step at a Time
- Coca-Cola Celebrates More than 80 Years of Olympic Partnership with Largest-Ever Activation
- Marvel’s Ant-Man and The Incredible Hulk Clash for the First Time in an Epic Battle for Coca-Cola’s Mini Can
- Minute Maid Light Gets Tasty New Packaging
- Minute Maid® Light Lemonade and New Light Pink Lemonade Debut on Store Shelves in Contemporary, Clear 59-ounce PET Bottle