Coca-Cola “Four-Pack” of athletes to serve as active living ambassadors in Sochi 2014 and those watching from home
Coca-Cola is popping the top on a new quartet of athletes, including two Olympic champions, a world-class legend and a Paralympic hopeful, who will represent the brand for the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games. The foursome will have prominent roles in the Company’s marketing efforts leading up to the Games and will be featured, in part, in digital advertising, packaging and retail POS. Members of the Coca-Cola “Four Pack” also will serve as “Ambassadors of Active Living” to encourage and inspire fans to lead healthy, balanced lifestyles.
This week, the Coca-Cola “Four Pack” joined together in Boston to take part in a photo and video shoot to capture content and images that will be used in the Company’s marketing efforts. The collection of athletes includes:
- Michelle Kwan – two-time Olympic medalist in women’s figure skating. Kwan also is a five-time World Champion, nine-time U.S. National Champion and is the most decorated figure skater in U.S. history.
- Ted Ligety – gold medalist in men’s alpine skiing at the 2006 Winter Olympics in Torino and Sochi 2014 hopeful. Ligety also was a three-time Gold Medalist at the 2013 World Championships, and has won a World Championship (2011), two World Cup Overall Giant Slalom Championships and six U.S. National Championships.
- Evan Lysacek – gold medalist in men’s figure skating at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and Sochi 2014 hopeful. Lysacek also has won a World Championship (2009) and two U.S. Championships (2007, 2008). His 10 major titles make him the most decorated U.S. male skater in the past decade.
- Amy Purdy – three-time World Cup champion in para-snowboarding and currently the top-ranked female adaptive snowboarder in the U.S. and a Paralympic hopeful for Sochi 2014.
This is the fourth consecutive Olympic Games in which Coca-Cola has featured a collection of athletes as part of its Olympic marketing program. The “Six Pack” that competed in Beijing in 2008 brought home 14 Olympic medals, the “Six Pack” from Vancouver won four and the “Eight Pack” from London earned 12.
Specific plans for how the “Four Pack” will be featured in the Coca-Cola 2014 Olympic program will be revealed later in 2013.
About The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company (NYSE: KO) is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands. Led by Coca-Cola, the world's most valuable brand, our Company's portfolio features 16 billion-dollar brands including Diet Coke, Fanta, Sprite, Coca-Cola Zero, vitaminwater, Powerade, Minute Maid, Simply, Georgia and Del Valle. Globally, we are the No. 1 provider of sparkling beverages, ready-to-drink coffees, and juices and juice drinks. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy our beverages at a rate of more than 1.8 billion servings a day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, support active, healthy living, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. Together with our bottling partners, we rank among the world's top 10 private employers with more than 700,000 system associates. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at www.coca-colacompany.com, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/CocaColaCo or check out our blog, Coca-Cola Unbottled, at www.coca-colablog.com.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Launches “The World’s Cup”
- Introducing burn Yard™: A New Creative Program from burn® Energy Drink
- Coca-Cola Inspires More than 3 Million People to “Get The Ball Rolling”
- 7-Eleven® Adds Sprite® 6 Mix™ by LeBron James to Its All-Star Roster of Slurpee® Flavors
- Coca-Cola Marks Underdog’s Crowning Moment in New Big Game Ad