EXECUTIVE OFFICE MEMORANDUM
July 5, 2006
TO: ALL EMPLOYEES WORLDWIDE
Today, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the United States Attorney's Office of the Northern District of Georgia successfully concluded an undercover operation that thwarted an attempt to steal and sell
I am pleased to report that the individuals responsible for this crime have now been apprehended. The Company is cooperating fully with the government's investigation and prosecution of this matter. As this is an ongoing criminal matter, we are limited in what we can communicate. However, it should be noted that no personal employee information was ever at risk.
Sadly, today's arrests include an individual within our Company. While this breach of trust is difficult for all of us to accept, it underscores the responsibility we each have to be vigilant in protecting our trade secrets. Information is the lifeblood of the Company. As the health of our enterprise continues to strengthen and the breadth of our innovation pipeline continues to grow, our ideas and our competitive data carry increasing interest to those outside our business. Accordingly, I have directed a thorough review of our information protection policies, procedures and practices to ensure that we continue to rigorously safeguard our intellectual capital.
I would like to thank our Security and Legal teams for the manner in which they assisted law enforcement in this unfortunate situation. I would also like to express our sincere appreciation to PepsiCo for alerting us to this attack.
Let me end by emphasizing our shared responsibility to protect the intellectual capital of our Company and by encouraging us to continue working together in moving our business forward.
More on Journey
- The Coca-Cola Company to Present at Consumer Analyst Group of New York Conference
- The Coca-Cola Company Chief Administrative Officer Alexander B. Cummings to Retire
- The Coca-Cola Company Signs Letter of Intent to Grant Additional Bottling Territory to Swire Coca-Cola, USA
- The Coca-Cola Company Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2016 Results
- The Coca-Cola Company Announces Timing of Earnings Release and Investor Conference Call