Mango, apple, orange and banana. The people at Odwalla have combined these fruits to create Super Protein Mango Smoothie. Each 12-ounce bottle of the dairy-free drink contains 20 grams of soy protein, plus half the daily recommendation of calcium and a whopping 150 percent of the daily recommendations of vitamins B12 and B6.
A Better-for-the-Earth Approach
In 1980, three musicians who wanted to bring the best of nature to the world formed the Odwalla company, starting out in a California backyard. Today, the company sells upwards of 50 varieties of fruit and vegetable juices, protein-rich smoothies, snack bars and more, with a focus on caring for the environment.
In keeping with that ideal, the new drink comes in
In addition, in an effort to reduce its environmental footprint, the company recently installed five natural-gas fuel cells at its juice-packaging plant in Dinuba, Calif. This move will cut the plant's carbon footprint by about 35 percent while supplying 30 percent of the plant's energy needs.
Reaching More Customers
“Mango-flavored beverages are becoming increasingly popular, yet we noticed a gap in the nondairy protein category,” says Irma Shrivastava, Odwalla’s vice president of marketing. “By providing 20 grams of soy protein and a creamy swirl of mango flavor in every bottle, Super Protein Mango is a delicious on-the-go beverage for health-conscious consumers who don't want to compromise taste.”
Super Protein Mango Smoothie is available in the refrigerated sections of natural food stores, select supermarkets and specialty retailers throughout the country.
More on Journey
- Marvel’s Ant-Man and The Incredible Hulk Clash for the First Time in an Epic Battle for Coca-Cola’s Mini Can
- Day Or Night, New Caffeine Free Coke Zero™ Helps Fans Enjoy Their Favorite Drink At Any Time
- Diet Coke's Bold New Look
- Hansen's and Blue Sky Sodas Get New Looks, New Packaging, New Taglines in Extensive Brand Relaunches
- Coca-Cola Continues 'Arctic Home' Campaign with Introduction of Limited-edition Red Cans