The following announcement was made by J. Alexander “Sandy” Douglas Jr., president of Coca-Cola North America.
I’d like to share some important news about my valued colleague, Hendrik Steckhan. After two decades with The Coca-Cola Company, Hendrik has decided to retire. Hendrik ends his Coca-Cola career with a list of significant accomplishments, most recently his important leadership in rejuvenating growth in the flagship North American market. He is stepping down from his role as president of USA Operations as of today and will retire as of July 31.
Hendrik became president of USA Operations on Jan. 1, 2016, and has worked with his talented leadership team to achieve very strong results. Last year, USA Operations won our Company’s highest honor, the Woodruff Cup, and is once again a finalist.
Hendrik has held a number of leadership positions within Coca-Cola North America (CCNA) and elsewhere at The Coca-Cola Company. Prior to becoming president of USA Operations, he was president of still beverages for CCNA. From 2010 to 2014, Hendrik was president of Coca-Cola’s German business. Results in Germany grew steadily under Hendrik’s leadership. Significantly, Hendrik’s work contributed to the eventual refranchising of our Company-owned bottling operations in Germany in 2016.
Prior to leading the German business, Hendrik was president of CCNA’s sparkling business unit from 2007 to 2010. He joined Coca-Cola in 1997 and held a number of roles in South America. Prior to Coke, he worked in various sales and brand marketing roles with Jacobs Suchard/Kraft Foods Europe.
I will share details about how we’re realigning the CCNA leadership team later today. I wanted to take this opportunity to share Hendrik’s news and to thank him for his many contributions to the Company. Please join me in wishing Hendrik all the best in his retirement from The Coca-Cola Company.
President, Coca-Cola North America
More on Journey
- The Coca-Cola Company Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offer
- Leaders Take on New Roles in Coca-Cola North America
- Reyes Holdings to Expand Its Footprint in U.S. Coca-Cola System by Adding Territory in California and Nevada
- The Coca-Cola Company Nears Completion of U.S. Refranchising Plan with Letter of Intent for Territory in Northeast
- The Coca-Cola Company Announces the Results of the Consent Solicitation and Tender Offer and Extends the Consent Solicitation for Certain Notes