Third-annual America Is Your Park campaign empowers people to rally their communities and get out the vote to elect "America's Favorite Park"
ATLANTA - This summer,
With the click of a button, park goers can change their communities by voting for their favorite park to win the title of "America's Favorite Park." Also at stake is a $100,000 recreation grant made possible by the
"Parks are the anchors of our communities, but budget cuts have left them with little funds for restoration," said Celeste Bottorff, Vice President, Living Well,
Voting for "America's Favorite Park" is easy! Park lovers can visit LivePositively.com/parks to earn one vote per click for their favorite park. People can also earn 100 votes each time they "check in" from the park. More details on how to vote from the park are available on the website.
The three parks that receive the most votes by July 15, 2012 will be awarded recreation grants in the following amounts: First Place - $100,000; Second Place - $50,000; and Third Place - $25,000. In addition, a $15,000 grant will be awarded at random to another park that places in one of the remaining top 25 spots. These recreation grants are provided to help restore, rebuild or enhance activity areas in parks where people can play and be active.
The Story of Last Year's Winner Inspires Communities in 2012
It takes a community to save a park! The 2011 winner, Oak Park, is a great example of a community that banded together to rock the park vote. After a flood destroyed this beloved park in the small town of Minot, ND, residents organized to get out the vote. They urged neighbors to join in, organized voting drives and spread their message through online communities. Hometown celebrities also energized their social networks, and their fans responded by supporting the cause. The $100,000 grant is being used to help rebuild the park so families can enjoy the outdoors once again.
"Residents of Minot pulled out all the stops to get people involved," said Ron Bieri, Minot Park Board President. " America Is Your Park inspired our entire town to come together to turn a terrible situation into a story of hope for people here and across the country."
America Is Your Park Extends
For 126 years,
For more than 40 years,
Coca-Colahas supported America's parks through partnerships with individual parks and national park organizations. The Company has donated nearly $15 million for restoration and renovation of our country's parks.
- We support many active, healthy living programs, including Exercise is Medicine™ , the Boys and Girls Clubs of America's Triple Play program and Rails-to-Trails Conservancy.
- More than 50 local parks and community facilities will be built or refurbished to encourage safe exercise and play in 2012. These facilities are made possible by donations from Company brands and health and wellness initiatives.
America Is Your Park Shortened URL: http://CokeURL.com/parks
Campaign Hashtag: #VoteParks
More on Journey
- The Nepal Earthquake: How The Coca-Cola System is Responding
- Coca-Cola Invites the World to Reach up and Support the Special Olympics World Games 2015 Los Angeles
- Coca-Cola is the First Fortune 500 Company to Replenish All the Water it Uses Globally
- W Hotels Worldwide, will.i.am and The Coca-Cola Company Introduce the EKOCYCLE™ Brand to W Hotel Guest Rooms across the Globe
- The Coca-Cola Company Statement on Diversity Legislation