ATLANTA, Feb. 16, 2012 -- The Board of Directors of The
Kotick, 48, is President, Chief Executive Officer and a Director of Activision Blizzard, Inc., a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world's largest independent video game publisher. An entrepreneur in the interactive industry, Kotick purchased a stake in Activision in 1990, became CEO in 1991 and grew the company to its industry-leading position.
From 2003 to 2008, Kotick also served as a Director of Yahoo!, Inc., one of the most visited internet destinations worldwide. Kotick began his career in 1983 creating software for the Apple II.
"Bobby brings an entrepreneurial mindset and a high level of financial literacy and digital knowledge to our Company," said Muhtar Kent, Chairman and CEO of The
As part of his election, Kotick was appointed to the Company's Management Development Committee.
Kotick is a member of the board of trustees for The Center for Early Education and The Harvard Westlake School, both located in Los Angeles. He also serves as Chairman of the Committee of Trustees at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art and is the founder of the Call of Duty Endowment, which is dedicated to securing jobs for unemployed veterans.
More on Journey
- Sprite® is Searching for the Most Uncontainable Ballers to Compete on the Hardwood at NBA® All-Star 2013
- Sprite and LeBron James Team Up to Reward Dedicated Individuals Who Change The Game
- Coca-Cola Tunisia Produces Week's Most Globally Shared Ad
- ‘Zero Means It’s Game Day’ As Coke Zero™ Enters Year Two With ESPN’s ‘College Gameday’
- Coca-Cola Joins With Pro Sports Teams to Fight Childhood Obesity