Award Recognizes U.S. based Partner Firm for Diversity Practices
ATLANTA, Feb. 29, 2012 -- The
"Diversity is more than just a priority for our Legal Division, it is a business imperative and a core value for our Company. For this reason, it is important that we encourage and reward the positive actions of our partner law firms who are making progress on this important issue. We applaud Cleary Gottlieb for their visible leadership, best-in-class practices and commitment to elevating their diversity performance," Goepelt said.
The Living the Values Award has been awarded by the
- Commitment of the firm's senior management to diversity with established systems for measuring progress and accountability.
- Representation of minorities and women in the firm generally and in the firm leadership.
- Success in hiring, development, promotion, and retention of minority and women associates within the firm.
- Creative partnering arrangements with minority and women-owned firms.
- Rigor in firm-wide diversity programming such that diversity, as a goal, enjoys firm-wide ownership and participation.
Diversity and inclusion were among the founding principles of Cleary Gottlieb, which is consistently recognized as a leader in diversity by various surveys conducted in the legal industry. Cleary Gottlieb provides services at a global level and believes that attracting, retaining and advancing a diverse group of lawyers who exhibit a sharp understanding of cross-cultural differences is crucial to offering multinational clients the best possible legal services. Current diversity and inclusion efforts include mentoring programs, recruiting, retention and promotion initiatives.
"We are both proud and humbled to be recognized by The
About Cleary Gottlieb
Founded in 1946 by lawyers committed to legal excellence, internationalism, and diversity, Cleary Gottlieb is a leading international law firm with approximately 1,200 lawyers around the world. For more information, please visit www.cgsh.com.
More on Journey
Coca-ColaCompany Reports Second Quarter 2016 Results
Coca-ColaCompany Signs Letter of Intent to Grant Additional Bottling Territory to Swire Coca-Cola, USA
Coca-ColaChairman and CEO Muhtar Kent on Travel Ban
Coca-ColaCompany Announces Timing of Earnings Release and Investor Conference Call
- Coca-Cola Continues Progress in North American Refranchising, Including Launches of Two New Bottlers