Flagship North America Market Maintains Positive Momentum
- Net Revenues Declined 7%, Impacted by Foreign Currency and Structural Changes
- Organic Revenues (Non-GAAP) Grew 3%
- Operating Margin Expanded More than 50 Basis Points
- EPS of $0.24 and Comparable EPS (Non-GAAP) of $0.49
- Full Year Organic Revenue and Comparable EPS Outlook (Both Non-GAAP) Remain Unchanged
ATLANTA, Oct. 26, 2016 – The Coca-Cola Company today reported third quarter 2016 operating results. "I am pleased to report that we delivered results in line with our expectations," said Muhtar Kent, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Coca-Cola Company. "We continued to see solid revenue results in our developed markets with 2% unit case volume growth and a continued focus on price realization. The United States, Japan and Western Europe delivered standout performance underpinned by innovation and world-class marketing. Globally, we gained nonalcoholic ready-to-drink value share for the 37th consecutive quarter and are on track to deliver our financial commitments for the full year."
"While our year-to-date reported net revenues declined 5%, our core business organic revenues* have grown 4% despite continued global economic and political volatility. We believe this core business reflects the ultimate destination of our transformed company – an enterprise positioned to capture sustainable growth through a laser focus on innovating across our portfolio, building strong brands, and leveraging unparalleled customer service through aligned bottlers. As we continue on our path to transform the global system, we remain committed to our strategic actions for growth that will create long-term shareowner and stakeholder value."
- All references to growth rate percentages and share compare the results of the period to those of the prior year comparable period.
- All references to volume and volume percentage changes indicate unit case volume, unless otherwise noted. All volume percentage changes are computed based on average daily sales, unless otherwise noted. "Unit case" means a unit of measurement equal to 24 eight-ounce servings of finished beverage. "Unit case volume" means the number of unit cases (or unit case equivalents) of Company beverages directly or indirectly sold by the Company and its bottling partners to customers.
- "Core business" represents the combined performance from the Europe, Middle East & Africa; Latin America; North America; Asia Pacific; and Corporate operating segments offset by intersegment eliminations.
- "Concentrate sales" represents the amount of concentrates, syrups, beverage bases and powders sold by, or used in finished beverages sold by, the Company to its bottling partners or other customers. In the reconciliation of reported net revenues, "concentrate sales" represents the percent change in net revenues attributable to the increase (decrease) in concentrate sales volume for our geographic operating segments (expressed in equivalent unit cases) after considering the impact of structural changes. For our Bottling Investments operating segment, this represents the percent change in net revenues attributable to the increase (decrease) in unit case volume after considering the impact of structural changes. Our Bottling Investments operating segment reflects unit case volume growth for consolidated bottlers only.
- "Sparkling beverages" means NARTD beverages with carbonation, including carbonated energy drinks and waters.
- "Still beverages" means nonalcoholic beverages without carbonation, including noncarbonated waters, flavored waters and enhanced waters, juices and juice drinks, teas, coffees, sports drinks, dairy and noncarbonated energy drinks.
- First quarter 2016 financial results were impacted by one less day, while fourth quarter financial results will be impacted by two additional days. Unit case volume results for the quarters are not impacted by the variance in days due to the average daily sales computation referenced above.
More on Journey
- The Coca-Cola Company Signs Letter of Intent to Grant Additional Bottling Territory to Swire Coca-Cola, USA
- The Coca-Cola Company and World Economic Forum Announce Winners of the Coca-Cola Shaping a Better Future Grant Challenge
- Photo Advisory: Coca-Cola CEO Highlights Long-Term Growth at Annual Meeting of Shareowners
- The Coca-Cola Company Reports First Quarter 2016 Results
- Continued Progress in Refranchising of North American Bottling Territories