Responsible stewardship of the environment is a top priority for
We also believe that local governments, industry and NGOs should look for opportunities to work together to stimulate partnerships to reduce the generation of carbon dioxide and other climate change gases. These include restoration efforts that can reduce carbon dioxide gases through creation of new sequestration sources; increased research and development efforts in the areas of energy efficiency, alternative fuels and refrigerants; and market based incentives to stimulate investment in research and development.
We believe such partnerships, supported by national governments, along with mechanisms that stimulate free-market environmentalism must be encouraged if we are to stem the tide of climate change.
We do business in nearly 200 countries and believe that implementation of specific treaties and protocols should be left to national political processes. We have significant challenges and a lot of work to do to meet our own climate change commitments. Our short-term focus is to lead our enterprise out of the use of HFC's for purchase of new equipment and look for innovations that will deliver significant reductions in the amount of energy necessary to run cold drink equipment.
More on Journey
- The Coca-Cola Company Statement on Importance of Equal Rights for LGBT Community
- New Program Puts Veterans to Work Teaching Physical Fitness to Youths and Families
- Coca-Cola Invites The World To “Share The Sound Of An AIDS Free Generation” And Support (RED)
- W Hotels Worldwide, will.i.am and The Coca-Cola Company Introduce the EKOCYCLE™ Brand to W Hotel Guest Rooms across the Globe
- Coca-Cola Life Arrives On Shelves Nationwide