In my last post, I discussed some of the guiding principles that have helped Honest Tea keep its brand mojo as part of The Coca-Cola Company. But the way we act isn't enough to ensure success – it's also important to think about the environment that allows our mission-driven enterprise to thrive within a larger corporation.
Of course there's more than one recipe for how a large corporation and a mission-driven company can coexist and grow together – but here are a few elements of our partnership with Coca-Cola that help make it a symbiotic relationship.
Seth Goldman is president and TeaEO of Honest Tea, the company he co-founded in 1998 with Professor Barry Nalebuff of the Yale School of Management. Honest Tea is an independent business unit of The Coca-Cola Company.
More on Journey
- 4 Fun, Little-Known Facts About Fanta
- Stock Up On Summer Essentials: Coca-Cola Unveils Vintage-Inspired Collection Online
- These Coca-Cola Bottle Labels Double as Music Festival Wristbands in Romania
- How Coca-Cola Sparked the Surging Ready-to-Drink Coffee Business in Japan
- Coca-Cola Japan's Georgia Coffee is the World’s Highest-Grossing, Ready-to-Drink Coffee Brand