Nicole Cherry (Nicoleta Janina Ghinea) was born on December 5, 1998 in Bucharest. The young artist began singing at the age of 10. Nicole started performing at big children's music festivals. Her first big competition was 'Mamaia Copiilor' (Mamaia for Children).
Her first single, 'Memories', composed by the Tommo Production team and launched together with MediaPro Music, gathered over 10 million views on YouTube. At the end of February this year, Nicole Cherry launched a new song, 'Phenomeno' with a music video to support it.
Nicole has won many prizes, including New Artist of the Year (Mamaia
Music Awards 2013, Romanian Top Hits Music Awards 2013), Best New Act
and Radio 21 Awards (Romanian Music Awards 2013), and Best Debut (The
Music Awards Radio Romania 2014). Nicole also has three Zuma Awards
nominations this year: Best Pop Song of the Year for her single,
'Memories', Best Artist of the Year, and Best Live Performance of the Year.
music pursuits don't keep her from working hard in school. She is a 9th
grader at Dinu Lipatti High School in Bucharest where she studies
acting. In primary school she studied percussion and piano.
More on Journey
- DIY Coca-Cola Advent Candles
- How Coca-Cola Brands Make it to the Big (or Small) Screen
- Watch: Minute Maid Opens Pop-Up Holiday Store With Nothing to Sell, But Everything to Give
- Coke CEO Muhtar Kent Advocates for Gender Equality at Women’s Forum in France
- Answers to Your Holidays Stress: What Research Tells Us About Getting it All Done