Coca-Cola is promoting recycling in Bangladesh, one video game at a time.
Coke and the Grey Dhaka agency recently installed “Happiness Machine” arcade-style games in six youth hotspots throughout Dhaka, a city of 15 million people. Instead of taking coins, the machines accept empty plastic bottles through a customized slot and reward the user with a Coke-themed video game.
Consumers could track the machines through a detailed route map and schedule posted on the Coke Facebook page. Over a period of six days, the activation collected thousands of bottles, which will be converted into pellets for reuse in other products. The program will culminate on June 5, World Environment Day.
More on Journey
- 5 Artists Who Will Transform How You See Coca-Cola
- Answers to Your Holidays Stress: What Research Tells Us About Getting it All Done
- 16 Features From 2016 That Are Worth a Second Look
- Noma Bar Adds Graphic Touch to Coca-Cola Polar Bears in Holiday Packaging Designs
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler