Coca-Cola is promoting recycling in Bangladesh, one video game at a time.
Coke and the Grey Dhaka agency recently installed “Happiness Machine” arcade-style games in six youth hotspots throughout Dhaka, a city of 15 million people. Instead of taking coins, the machines accept empty plastic bottles through a customized slot and reward the user with a Coke-themed video game.
Consumers could track the machines through a detailed route map and schedule posted on the Coke Facebook page. Over a period of six days, the activation collected thousands of bottles, which will be converted into pellets for reuse in other products. The program will culminate on June 5, World Environment Day.
More on Journey
- Inspired Objects: Artist Burton Morris Reinterprets Pop Culture Icons
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Chefs Aarón Sánchez, Roblé Ali Dish On Why Coca-Cola Complements Any Meal
- Andy Warhol and Coca-Cola: From Classic to New Coke and Back Again
- Answers to Your Holidays Stress: What Research Tells Us About Getting it All Done