One of my favorite items in the World of Coca-Cola is the workers jacket that has a Coca-Cola logo sewn onto the front. We used this artifact as one of the cornerstones of the Logo case in the Milestones of Refreshment gallery. We were recently scanning and cataloging our pamphlet collection and I ran across this flyer offering "Lettered Allovers and Coats." The flyer is from 1924 and was put out by the Marcus Loeb Co. from Atlanta, Ga. I had always thought the jacket we have on display would have been used as a uniform related to bottling. This flyer offers quite a few other uses including baseball games, parks, fairs and outdoor amusement areas. I wish I could still get one for the $ 24.00 listed on the brochure!
More on Journey
- Driving Home the Message of Atlanta's Civil Rights Legacy
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership
- From One Fan to Another: The Story Behind Unbox Therapy's Coca-Cola Cooler
- Muhtar Kent Reflects on His Coca-Cola Journey and Legacy as Company’s 15th Chief Executive
- Primary Color: Why Sprite Has Sported Green Since 1961