Today, July 12th, marks the 25th anniversary of the first serving of Coca-Cola in space. The original Space Can was used aboard the Space Shuttle, Challenger. I have blogged about Coke in space before, but I ran across this print ad the other day. It has always been one of my favorites. If you are in Atlanta, we do have one of the original space cans and space dispensers on display at The World of Coca-Cola, look for them in the vending section of the Milestones Exhibit.
More on Journey
- Honoring a Native Son: Coca-Cola Exhibit, Panel Pay Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and His Nobel Peace Prize
- Rio de Janeiro: The Enchanted Kingdom of Two Carnivals
- Celebrating the Champs: The Storied History of Coke's Commemorative Sports Cans (and Bottles)
- Disney and Coca-Cola Archivists Swap Stories on Shared History
- Coca-Cola Named Official Soft Drink of Major League Baseball in Digital-Driven Partnership