Due to new business strategies in supply chain management, many procurement opportunities are managed by our major business partners or prime suppliers. Acknowledging that we have limited opportunities available for small businesses, we have developed the 2nd Tier Supplier Program, which is a partnership between Coca-Cola and our prime suppliers. We request that prime suppliers subcontract a portion of their Coca-Cola contracts with diverse suppliers.
All prime suppliers should register in our online reporting database. This will ensure you receive all communication regarding reporting due dates, training and any changes to the reporting system. Register here.
For more information on our 2nd Tier program, please contact our Supplier Diversity Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting 2nd Tier Spend to The Coca-Cola Company
The Coca-Cola Company accepts indirect and direct spend for 2nd tier diverse suppliers. This will allow us consistency across our system and offers the best method of tracking our diverse spend dollars with our prime suppliers.
Calculates the 2nd tier spend by prorating the prime supplier's company-wide diverse spend with the percentage of its total business represented by the customer company's business. (For example, if the prime supplier spends $100 million annually with diverse suppliers and a particular customer represents 1% of its total business, the 2nd tier spend would be $1 million ($100 million x 1%).
To engage diverse suppliers directly on The Coca-Cola Company contract and report the amount paid to these specific suppliers therefore, each 2nd tier dollar can be traced back to a specific diverse supplier and to a specific project.
Expectations for Prime Suppliers
- Identify opportunities with qualified and certified diverse suppliers immediately.
- Work with your relationship manager and supplier diversity team at The Coca-Cola Company and develop 2nd tier spend targets and actions plans.
- Report supplier diversity spend to The Coca-Cola Company quarterly via our online reporting tool.
Training for online reporting is held quarterly. All prime suppliers are required to attend one training session prior to reporting.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Through a Soldier’s Eyes
- Thank You, Mum: 'Tough Times Don’t Last for Tough People'
- How Coke’s U.S. Business is Changing in Line with Consumer Tastes
- High Schoolers Cook Up Successful Careers at 2017 National ProStart Invitational
- What Will it Take to Make the World’s Biggest Companies Sustainable?